Author Topic: TV presenter hits out at 'vicious and cruel' Harry and Meghan for Oprah....  (Read 45 times)

Warrior Queen

• View Profile
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/tv-presenter-hits-out-vicious-24607168?utm_source=mirror_newsletter&utm_campaign=royal_family_newsletter2&utm_medium=email

TV presenter hits out at 'vicious and cruel' Harry and Meghan for Oprah interview

Jonathan Dimbleby lashed out at the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, saying their interview with Oprah Winfrey did "undeserved" damage to the royal family, and called their behaviour "vicious, cruel and horribly self-serving"

By Dave Burke News reporter

07:01, 24 JUL 2021Updated07:53, 24 JUL 2021

A TV presenter who penned a biography of Prince Charles has blasted Harry and Meghan, accusing the pair of "vicious, cruel and horribly self-serving" behaviour.  Jonathan Dimbleby hit out at the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, saying their interview with Oprah Winfrey did "undeserved" damage to the royal family.  The 76-year-old, who famously got Charles to admit cheating on Princess Diana during a 1994 interview, said he was "very disappointed" with the way Harry conducted himself.  According to The Daily Mail, Dimbleby told an audience at the Buxton International Festival in Derbyshire this week: "I think that the interview was a very great shame.  I think it did great damage of a kind that was undeserved to the royal household and specifically to the Queen and her family."

He said he "fails to understand" the remarks Harry made about his father, and added: "I believe a lot of the insinuations he made were not consistent with fact."

During the interview earlier this year, Harry and Meghan alleged a member of the royal family had made negative remarks about son Archie's skin colour.  Harry also claimed Charles and his older brother William were "trapped" by their role, and said he had been cut off financially after quitting frontline royal duties for good last year.  He added that Charles had stopped returning his calls.  Dimbleby said it was a "great shame" that the pair went ahead with the interview, which was broadcast to millions earlier this year.  He claimed that he met Harry when he was young and described him as a "charming, very nice" man.  But the veteran broadcaster said he was disappointed with his recent actions, claiming he was "being led by the nose a bit by his wife".  Dimbleby went on to say that some remarks should have been made in private.  During his 1994 interview with Charles, Dimbleby asked if the Prince of Wales had tried to be "faithful and honourable" to Diana.  The royal, asked if he had been faithful, responded: "Yes until it became irretrievably broken down, us both having tried."

Dimbleby also published a biography of Charles the same year, named The Prince of Wales: A Biography.

Pippa

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Soul of Adoption
Considering they wanted they wanted their privacy they haven't shut up.  I wonder how long it will take the Americans to decide they've had enough of bratty Harry and Meghan I hate the royal family.  The more they lie the more often they get caught out  ::)